JAUNENOIR PERM REG'D LABRADORS offers a Warranty with every puppy or dog sold. Excerpts from our warranty are as follows:
The purchaser shall pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 to reserve a puppy/dog. If the colour and/or sex of the puppy reserved is not available in the time-frame indicated on the receipt given by the kennel at the time puppy was reserved, the deposit will be returned.
The above said dog has been examined and checked "o.k." by our Veterinarian. This puppy has its 1st of 3 vaccinations, and dewormed with Panacur (dosage of 1cc for every 5 lbs). De-worming program begins at 2 weeks of age, giving medicine every 14 days for 3 consecutive days util 8 weeks of age. The purchaser shall have three (3) consecutive working days from the date of purchase, to have the dog examined by a Veterinarian of his/her choice at their expense. If the dog is found to be unhealthy or infirm, the purchase price shall be refunded when the said dog is returned to the kennel. A diagnosis of coccidiosis or giardia parasites, does not render the dog unhealthy. A letter from the purchaser's veterinarian is required indicating the nature of the dog’s illness, and MUST be provided to the kennel within 24 hours following the initial vet visit. Transportation charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Through screening and selective breeding programs, the breeder has put forth their best effort to prevent genetically influenced diseases in these dogs. Unfortunately, the breeder cannot guarantee that a problem will never arise.
1. Hips, Elbows, Eyes, Life Threatening Defects and Temperament Behaviour:
a) If the above said dog x-rays positive for SEVERE Hip Dysplasia and/or SEVERE Elbow Dysplasia and can no longer function as a pet, before it is two (2) years of age, and before it has been bred, a replacement puppy shall be granted of equal quality, colour and sex or the purchase price returned. A certificate from Ontario Veterinarian College & Orthopaedic Foundation for Animals (OVC & OFA) is required stating the degree of Hip Dysplasia and/or Elbow Dysplasia. (The replacement puppy will be made as soon as there is a litter.) All transportation and x-ray charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
b) If the above said dog proves positive in the opinion of a licensed Ophthalmologist (ACVO) regarding Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA) or any other congenital eye defect and can no longer function as a pet, and if the above said dog is younger than five (5) years of age, and has not been bred, a replacement puppy shall be granted of equal quality, colour and sex or the purchase price returned.
c) If the above said dog proves positive by a Veterinarian to have any hereditary defect that is LIFE THREATENING, a replacement puppy of equal quality, colour and sex shall be granted or the purchase price returned. All transportation and test charges are the responsibility of the purchaser. If the dog has a temperament problem not conducive to that of a Labrador Retriever, and the kennel has been notified immediately by email or telephone upon the first signs of ill temperament, and in the opinion of the kennel the dog has not been mistreated or neglected, a replacement puppy of equal quality, colour and sex shall be granted or the purchase price returned. All transportation and test charges are the responsibility of the purchaser.
2. The above said dog is sold on a Non-Breeding contract. Puppies to be spayed/neutered (article emailed to purchaser when reservation deposit is received) by the age of 18 months. The buyer(s) agree that he/she will not use the herein animal for breeding. Anyone wishing to breed this animal must sign a separate breeding contract. The buyer agrees that if a breeding (planned or accidental) should occur, they will be subject to breach of a contract fine of $5,000.00 per incidence.
3. If the above said dog is to be sold or given away for any reason, the Kennel has the right to first refusal.
4. If the above said dog is sold or given away, the this Warranty is null & void.
5. The purchaser agrees to provide proper care for the above said dog in regard to shelter, food, water, medical, training and companionship.
6. The purchaser agrees to abide by the following exercise recommendations set out by the Kennel:
a) The above said dog will not be left unattended with dog(s) or small children. Accidents do occur, and we would not want a child to become afraid of dogs should the child get knocked down or roughly played with by a large dog. Nor do we want the puppy/dog to be left in a position of being with an aggressive dog.
b) The above said dog will not play with dog(s) or children for lengthy periods of time (over 1 hour). It is recommended 1 hour of play, 3 hours of rest. Rest period must be in a crate. After 4 months of age, the play period can be increased to 1.5 hrs, and increased to 2 hrs after 8 months of age. Crate rest in between play periods is a must.
The above said dog will not jump on
or off any object that is greater in height than the dog's elbow to the floor.
Nor will this dog be allowed to run up and down fences/barriers where other
dogs/animals or humans are on the other side causing the dog to perform this
behaviour. Nor will this dog play ball or frisbee where it is thrown high
in the air encouraging the dog to jump, stop and go, or twist suddenly.
This is to help prevent dysplasia of the joints, and/or torn cruciate.
The joints are not fully calcified until approximately 12 months of age or
d) The above said dog will not be exercised on a Flexi lead until after 1 year of age.
e) The above said dog will not be taken for walks longer than 1 mile per day until after the age of 4 months. Walks can be increased to 2 miles per day up to and including 1 year of age. Walks can then be further increased to 3 miles per day.
f) The above said dog will be fed according to recommendations set out by the Kennel. This information is in the document "Your Puppy Guide", supplied to you by the kennel.
g) The above said dog will be veterinarian checked for correct weight at 4 months of age, 8 months of age, 12 months of age, and 24 months of age. There are 4 forms attached to this Warranty to be completed and signed by your veterinarian. These reports will be mailed to our kennel following each of the above weight schedules.
h) IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE WARRANTY, THE PURCHASER AGREES THEY WILL NOT NEUTER THEIR MALE PUPPY BEFORE THE AGE OF 12 MONTHS, OR SPAY THEIR FEMALE PUPPY BEFORE THE AGE OF 9 MONTHS. THE KENNEL, AT THEIR EXPENSE, WILL TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF THE PUPPY WITH THE CANADIAN KENNEL CLUB, INTO THE BUYER(S) NAME AND PROVIDE THE BUYER(S) WITH THE CKC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE ONCE THEY HAVE RECEIVED FROM THE BUYER(S) VETERINARIAN, A COPY OF THE SPAY/NEUTER CERTIFICATE. Said puppy MUST carry the breeders kennel name: JAUNENOIR.
7. The purchaser agrees to complete 1 level of dog obedience school, and forward a copy of the graduating certificate to the kennel. Should the kennel not receive a copy, this Warranty becomes void.
8. This WARRANTY will become null & void should purchaser not abide by recommendations stated in clauses 6 a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h and 7. Although the kennel only offers a Warranty for hips and elbows, these recommendations are in place for the protection of the following joints: hips, elbows, hocks, and shoulders dysplasia, as well as against cruciate ligament tears of your puppy/dog.
If the purchaser breaches any of the terms or provisions of this agreement, he/she will be subject to Court proceedings for an injunction and an application for damages in an amount to be set by at the discretion of the Court, plus costs of any legal proceedings.